To implement the strategic direction and vision for competitions and rules of swimming across Victoria. The following key areas of swimming will be addressed by this Committee:
- Strategic direction and planning;
- SV General & Competition By-Laws & regulations;
- Victorian competition pathways;
- Annual state wide competitions calendar;
- Competition formats & qualifying procedures;
- Swimming Victoria Competition reviews (for all State Championships and SV conducted meets).
2016-17 COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Chairperson: Vivienne Kennedy
Staff Liaison: Damian Arnold
Board Liaison: Heather O'Connor
asctaVIC Representative: Nick Veliades
Technical Committee Representative:
Selection Panel Representative: Vivienne Kennedy
Open Water Committee Representative:
MC Representative: Kylie Wood
Appointed SV Representative: Dean Bryant & Craig Kipping
Competitions Committee meets the 1st Thursday of every month at 6pm.
DECISION MAKING/ REPORTING:
The Competition Committee is required to provide recommendations to the Board for approval in regards to changes to; General or Competition Bylaws, Recommendations for Event Calendar, Qualifying Times and Event Format/structure.
The Competitions Committee also provides recommendations to the CEO via the staff Liaison in regards to operational improvements and development opportunities.
The Strategic Priorities and Key Responsibilities for the 2016-17 Season will be updated soon once finalised by the Competitions Committee.