Officials Booking Procedure
Schools can request the use of Swimming Victoria Officials for swimming meets. A detailed explaination of requirments and roles can be found in the School Officiating Policy.
This form must be submitted to SV a minimum of 28 days prior to the date of the swim meet. Swimming Victoria cannot guarantee that your request will be filled, however we will try all avenues to ensure officials are present at your meet.
Is there a fee for the officials services?
The fee for the service is $20 per hour per official for a minimum of 4 hours. This fee will begin approximately half an hour prior to the start time of the meet.
EG - 3 officials for 4 hours - 3 x $80 = $240
Swimming Victoria will invoice the school/association for the fee at the conclusion of the meet. Do not send any money until your receive the invoice.
Also be aware that approved Qualifying Meets will incur a $100 administration fee from Swimming Victoria
What officials will I need for my meet?
- The minimum number of officials required is one, however schools may request as required to assist with the smooth running of the competition.
- The Referee: runs the meet, gives the signal for the swimmers to prepare to swim and hands the start over to the starter
- Starter: tells the swimmers to take their 'marks' and, when all are ready, sets off starting signal.
- The Judges of Strokes: follows the swimmers up and down the pool to observe whether they are abiding by the rules of each stroke.
- Meet Manager Operator: collates the results from the AOE. You only require this official if you have entered the competition on the Meet Manager Program and you don't have your own (AOE operator can be supplied by MSAC as part of your pool hire)
For detailed information on Qualifying Meets, Officials accreditations, software operating and program requirements please refer to our School Officiating Policy.
How do I know that my application has been successful?
Swimming Victoria has a limited number of officials that are available. As such, Swimming Victoria cannot guarantee that your request will be filled. You will be notified via email a minimum of 2 weeks from the date of your meet if your application has been successful.
What do I do at the conclusion of the meet?
When you have been notified by Swimming Victoria that your application has been successful, you will be provided with an Officials Claim Form (Non-Qualifying Meet), to complete and summarise the details of the meet and officials present.
Once the information in the form has been checked, you will be sent an invoice for the charges associated with the official's services. Please follow the instructions on the invoice to pay the fee's within 14 days of issue.