School Teacher Training
SCHOOL TEACHER TRAINING OVERVIEW
Swimming Victoria in partnership with Swimming Australia have developed a School Teacher Training professional development course for Primary and Secondary school teachers and employees wanting to deliver school swimming programs and activities in their school.
The School Teacher Training course contains three modules of learning:
- Fundamental Swimming Coaching Skills,
- Fundamental Swimming Officiating Skills, and
- Fundamental Swimming Carnival Coordination Skills.
The Course is designed to assist Teachers and school employees gain introductory level practical coaching, officiating and school swimming carnival coordination skills to increase their interest in delivering swimming programs in the school environment, as well as their capacity to do so effectively. The School Teacher Training is not a Coach or Technical Official qualification within the Swimming Australia National Coach / Official Accreditation Scheme, it is an introductory course designed specifically for school teachers & employees.
The School Teacher Training is about:
- The school based swimmers;
- Helping teachers through interactive learning;
- Teacher development, not only professional development certificates;
- Creating awareness, developing responsibility and self-belief, and giving ownership to teachers and the school-based swimmers they work with; and
- Recognising the importance and achievements of teachers who work with swimmers at all levels and in all types of school environments.