Coaching is a great way to harness your passion for swimming and be actively involved. It is not only exciting and self-satisfying but you can have a positive influence on people's lifelong involvement in swimming. Coaching is a rewarding job at all levels of swimming as you are responsible for helping people improve and develop their swimming, you can pass on your own experiences and watch people progress through the different pathways of swimming.
All swimming coaches must be accredited.
Swimming Australia and State Swimming Associations require coaches to hold valid accreditation to:
- Gain access to the pool deck and warm up areas at their sanctioned swim meets
- Be considered for selection as a representative coach
- Have the opportunity to present other coaching courses
- Ensure that a code of behaviour has been signed
- Acknowledge that a working with children check has been sighted
- Enable action to be taken when allegations of a breach of the codes of behaviour are made
- Coaching Opportunities in Victoria
- Victorian Coaches Workshops 2023
The next call for coach EOIs for Swimming Victoria Development Programs and Teams will be in mid 2023.
Victoria has many opportunities for swim coaches at all levels. With swimming clubs located throughout metro and regional Victoria, there are opportunities for coaches at all levels.
Please send any current swim coach opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org
SCTAvic Coaches Conference – Creating the Future
June 24 - June 25, 2023