As a way to assist our Technical Official's development, we host a number of workshops, in-person and via online platforms. Information on how to watch and participate in these live are emailed to our TO database. Alternatively, replays will be posted below. If you have any questions on the below or would like to receive information on these opportunities, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop & Webinar Replays
- Infraction Reporting Workshop
- Judge of Stroke & Inspector of Turns Workshop
- Starter & Referee Workshop
- Full webinar
- Starter portion
- Referee portion
- Rules of Swimming - Updates & Changes
- Swimming NSW TO Forum
- Sarah Connor, The Black Dog Institute - Ways in which the Black Dog Institute can assist TOs in both a swimming and external environment (from 5:50 on the recording)
- Lydia Dowse, Head of Integrity & Risk, Swimming Australia - The responsibilities of TOs on and around pool deck and case studies on illegal behaviour and how to report incidents (from 1:01:00 on the recording)
- Cherry Smith, FINA Referee - a presentation that gives you an introduction into Multi-Class (MC) officiating (from 2:04:00 on the recording)
- Meet Manager
- How to setup a meet
- How to change lane preferences
- How to add events to a competition
- How to create sessions and a session report
- How to import entries
- How to enter relays
- How to manually enter a swimmer
- How to seed an event
- How to export entries
- How to print reports (psych sheets & program)
- How to run a meet using the dolphin system
- How to setup and publish times on Meet Mobile.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
Tracey Rowell, Swimming Tasmania's Technical Director, gives a workshop on infraction reporting at a swim meet including, how to fill out an infraction report and what is considered an infraction.
Sandy Frame hosts a webinar on the positions of Judge of Stroke and Inspector of Turns. He goes into detail on the responsibilities of officials undertaking these roles as well as tips on what to watch for.
Louise Mellington gives a presentation on the roles and responsibilities of a Starter at all levels of swim meets, including both club level and national level.
Tracey Rowell describes her experiences as a referee as well as giving an overview of the positions responsibilities and the knowledge needed to attain your referee accreditation.
Janice & Judith Smith, who have both been officiating for over 50 years, explain the updates and changes to the rules of swimming that were made by Swimming Australia in November 2019.
Swimming NSW hosted their 2020 Technical Officials forum via Zoom which included some great presentations that are available to watch as replays:
Basics - creating a competition
Damian Arnold runs through the basic functions of the Meet Manager software and demonstrates the skills needed to create a competition.
Skill videos (included in the full webinar):
Psychologist Megan Davis gives a presentation on our general health and well-being, discussing ways in which we can support ourselves and others during difficult times.